Subject: Re: Telnet changes as of yesterday 02-25-94
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@postgres.Berkeley.EDU>
From: Robert Shady <rls@zeus.id.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/27/1994 10:03:50
> > The changes that someone made to telnet yesterday are screwing up my system.

> that'd be me!
> what are they doing wrong?  most importantly, did you make sure to
> install new libs (e.g. the new libtelnet) before you installed the
> new telnet/telnetd?

I have installed the new libtelnet & new telnetd & telnet.  I believe the
problem resides in the telnetd code, but here is the symptoms...

/etc/gettytab:

default:\
	:ap:fd#1000:im=\r\n\
     Innovative Data Services Digital Network\r\n\
Newusers\: login as 'newuser' to apply for an account.\r\n\
          NetBSD (%h) (%t)\r\n\r\n:sp#1200:

--
USED to work fine, when connecting to the system, it would display:

     Innovative Data Services Digital Network
Newusers: login as 'newuser' to apply for an account.
          NetBSD (zeus) (ttyp0)

--
NOW it displays:

     Innovative Data Services Digital Network
Newuserslogin:

--
Granted, the problem is probably from me NOT doing something when you fixed
the telnet code, but it still seemed a little strange, so I thought I would

> they're running 100% fine on sun-lamp...

BTW- This message shows up the right way on console still, just not to people
who telnet in.  Go figure...