Subject: Re: Min free ? With newer-bigger disks
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Peter O'Kane, Physics Dept <peter@epona.physics.ucg.ie>
List: current-users
Date: 02/26/1994 15:34:41
I have uncritical 1G filesystems with minfree 2% and a critical (it's /usr
and has the incoming mail!) 2G filesystem with minfree 5% and no problems.
This is on a HP-UX system. I suspect the critical value has to do with the
number of free blocks per concurrently open (for write) file rather than the
size of the disk.

Also, thanks to the several people who pointed out my ___strerror problem,
I just failed to kill off all of the old sources and make picked up an old
strerror.c in stdio instead of in strings.

--
Peter O'Kane                          Internet: peter@epona.physics.ucg.ie
Department of Experimental Physics,   Voice: +353 91 24411 Ext 2527