Subject: Re: Cyrix 486-40 and NetBSD...anyone doing it?
To: current-users <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Burgess, David (TSgt) ~U <BurgessD@J64.STRATCOM.AF.MIL>
List: current-users
Date: 02/24/1994 09:21:00

>one of my machines is a Cx486-40 with an ISA bus.  It's got a minor
problem:
>the internal cache doesn't coordinate properly with DMA, or something,
>so the internal cache must be disabled for the system to work.

I had a similar problem with the cache on my Cyrix 386-40 motherboard.  I
initially had the cache disabled, but I was not happy with the performance.
 I looked in the advanced setup features in the BIOS and found one that
worked.

I am now happily using the internal cache with NetBSD.  I will get the
settings I am using and post them (they are on the OTHER system at home).

TSgt Burgess