Subject: Re: Cyrix 486-40 and NetBSD...anyone doing it?
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@postgres.Berkeley.EDU>
From: Yeng-Chee Su <yenchee@Zeus.csie.nctu.edu.tw>
List: current-users
Date: 02/24/1994 11:27:03
> one of my machines is a Cx486-40 with an ISA bus.  It's got a minor problem:
> the internal cache doesn't coordinate properly with DMA, or something,
> so the internal cache must be disabled for the system to work.

  I'm running on Cyrix 486DLC-40 too.  I think your problem is arised by a
non-486DLC aware motherboard.  I am sure there is a program called cyrixtst
on oak.oakland.edu which can detect such problem.  At least, mine is running
as fast as a 486DX-33 except FPU performance.  Of course, it should be much
nicer if I've more RAM but the price of DRAM here will kill me much. :)

  /             National Chiao Tung University in Taiwan                 / \
 |  Phone: +886-35-783513           E-mail: yenchee@csie.nctu.edu.tw    |