Subject: TERMINALS ON TTYS
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/22/1994 10:30:32
	I have been attaching a terminal to com1 of my 486DX2 system with some
success.  Unfortunately, if I log in with even parity, one stop bit, and 7
data bits, the system switches to no parity and  7 data bits when I run vi,
more, or anything else that demans any terminal capabilities from the
terminal.  If I do:
%stty cs8 -parenb
manually, then all works fine.
	Does anyone know, off the top of their heads, which magic numbers I
neet to tweak with in the /etc/gettytab file to get 8n1 operation through
the serial ports and, even more important, how to get it to behave
uniformly throughout my session without my intervention from the command
line?
-thanks
-Brian