Subject: Re: Feb 12 wd.c: lost interrupt - ouch!
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Drew Hess <dhess@CS.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 02/22/1994 05:00:09
 > >     Simon> I did try rebuilding a kernel with the Nov20 wd.c in it,
 > >     Simon> but it would not compile.  I figured an occasional hang
 > >     Simon> requiring a reset was less hassle than trashed filesystems.
 > >
 > >     Simon> Has any work been done on wd.c in the last week or so?
 > >
 > > Welcome to the club. You are the fourth one I know of (including me)
 > > who suffers from that really bad bug in wd.c that everyone keeps
 > > telling me is my defective hardware. It's not.
 > >
 > > 	WD.C IS BADLY BROKEN!!!!!!

 Knock on wood, but I've been running -current/i386 with an IDE drive since
 day one and I've never had *any* problems with my IDE drive.  I've been
 using NetBSD-current since June or so (whenever 0.9 was released).

 In August I added a SCSI drive and adapter, but I've been using the IDE
 drive as my root filesystem since then.

 My setup:

 Micronics JX-30 VLB motherboard (Gateway)
 	(IDE controller is built-in and on VLB)
 WD AC2340 Caviar 340MB HD

 -dwh-
 dhess@cs.stanford.edu