Subject: kern_fork.c - off by two error ???
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Peter Galbavy <peter@wonderland.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/21/1994 19:55:02
OK, I have stared at this for ages, and it lookes like the "+" should
be a "-". Or will someone expain I should see the pattern. It's like
one of those dot stereorams :-)

From kern/kern_fork.c:

	/*
	 * Although process entries are dynamically entries,
	 * we still keep a global limit on the maximum number
	 * we will create.  Don't allow a nonprivileged user
	 * to exceed its current limit or to bring us within one
	 * of the global limit; don't let root exceed the limit.
	 * nprocs is the current number of processes,
	 * maxproc is the limit.
	 */
	if ((nprocs >= maxproc && uid != 0)
	    || nprocs >= maxproc + 1) {
				 ^--------- shouldn't this be "-" ???
		tablefull("proc");
		return (EAGAIN);
	}

I really have tried to work this out before posting, so I think I may
be right...
--
Peter Galbavy				e-mail: P.Galbavy@wonderland.org
Wonderland				  work: P.Galbavy@micromuse.co.uk

	  "And you will know exactly who you are, forever,
		by knowing what it is that you love."