Subject: Re: Snapshot report - 12 Feb tar_files
To: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@zen.void.oz.au>
From: Alistair G. Crooks <agc@uts.amdahl.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/21/1994 01:38:04
> I have just a couple of points that may be useful to others who have
> not updated their -current in several weeks (I was running Nov20).
>
> Luke Mewburn mentioned a problem with lib/librpcsrv/src I had the same
> thing.  I'm sure some one mentioned an alternative solution (I could
> find a mail message containing it though).  In anycase Luke's got me
> going.  For /bin/sh or ksh uers:

As far as I know, this is the problem that rpcgen generates the wrong
absolute path for the header files in the source that it generates.
The fix is to remake rpcgen first. This was in the snapshot report
on the 24th Jan tar_files

> note that the new tsort (newer than Nov20) was needed to be able to
> link gcc.

When I did the very first upgrade, I needed to rebuild config and
strip from -current before I could generate a new kernel (because
strip -x was used to strip the -current kernel after linking, and 0.9
strip doesn't understand -x).

Regards,
Alistair
--
Alistair G. Crooks (agc@uts.amdahl.com)			     +44 252 346377
Amdahl European HQ, Dogmersfield Park, Hartley Wintney, Hants RG27 8TE, UK.