Subject: Colorado Jumbo 250 floppy-type tape backup
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@vorpal.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/21/1994 02:47:03
Since I can't afford a SCSI tape drive, I've been thinking about trying
a Colorado Memory Systems Jumbo 250MB drive.  Seems cheap enough, other
than the seeming lack of software for Unix to use this beast.

I've gotten something which works under FreeBSD, but it really is a hack
from hell...  It ``steals'' the floppy driver by swapping the char and block
device structs and stuff...  Ugly.

It would seem that teaching the fd driver for NetBSD a bit of tapes (while
still leaving the bulk of the code for ft.c or whatever) would be a good
plan...  Has anyone started on this, or have any hints for when I do?  ;)

Either this beast starts working under NetBSD, or I stick it in the '286
in the kitchen and call it backup.vorpal.com  ;)

--Michael