Subject: Re: Mitsumi CD-Rom Driver.. AGAIN!
To: None <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
From: Holger Veit <Holger.Veit@gmd.de>
List: current-users
Date: 02/20/1994 19:56:07

>    device          mcd0    at isa? port 0x320 irq 10
>
> I don't know what you expect that to do, but it's wrong.  Quoting from
> another kernel config (ALL):
>
> device		mcd0	at isa? port 0x300 bio irq 10 vector mcdintr
>
> It should be obvious what you need to do.

Then perhaps the sample config files GENERIC,TEST,TEST2 should be fixed.
Probably you could also try the following:
device mcd0 at isa? port 0x300 bio
(yes without an interrupt), remove the IRQ jumper on board and try
once more. The mcdintr routine is almost dummy. I have never seen it
being used...

--
         Dr. Holger Veit                   | INTERNET: Holger.Veit@gmd.de
|  |   / GMD-SET German National Research  | Phone: (+49) 2241 14 2448
|__|  /  Center for Computer Science       | Fax:   (+49) 2241 14 2342