Subject: Debugging with gdb
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se>
List: current-users
Date: 02/18/1994 01:45:52
What is the status of debugging at the moment?
I'm running current as of Feb 17 and have the following problem:
If I try debugging vi linked with dynamic libraries the process
stops (with a SIGSEGV) as soon as I do "run", complaining about
access at address 0x4.
If I try debugging a statically linked vi I can type run, but it
stops at 0x1020.  The process can be continued from there, so
this is just a minor point.  If I place a breakpoint it dies with
SIGSEGV again.  Luckily I can place a breakpoint after the stop
at 0x1020 (maybe that's why it does it?).
Is anyone (==Paul, I guess) working on this?

	-- Lennart