Subject: Re: X on multi NetBSD architectures...
To: Peter Galbavy <peter@wonderland.org>
From: None <Mark_Weaver@brown.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/17/1994 13:55:21
> > I wouldn't bother wasting your time.  I am working on netbsd.cf for
> > X11R6 as we speak, and it doesn't have all the i386-specific cruft in
> > it.
>
> Oh all right then :-)
>
> Any chance of some advance info ? Like whats happening with the
> xfree86-3.0 stuff and netbsd etc ?

On Feb-11 X11R6beta was released to X Consortium members.  XFree86[TM]
is now a consortium member, and a subteam of the XFree86 folks (myself
included) were invited to work on merging the existing code with R6.
It is going well so far, but there is a lot of work to be done.  The
result will be XFree86 3.0.

I'm going to try to keep the i386 specific stuff inside the ddx layer
of the server, so anyone wanting to get R6 running on other NetBSD
architectures can benefit from the rest of the code.

	Mark
Email: Mark_Weaver@brown.edu           | Brown University
PGP Key: finger mhw@cs.brown.edu       | Dept of Computer Science