Subject: Re: Still Keyboard Hang??
To: None <Mark_Weaver@brown.edu>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@sid.corp.novatel.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 02/17/1994 08:08:59
: >    My results of using both the binary snapshot kernel as well as
: > one which I built _still_ have the problem with the keyboard hang.
:
: You got the report backwards.  Actually, the code you mention has to
: be ENABLED for the Gateway keyboards to work.  The problem occurred
: when they disabled the code.

I was the one who took the code out so feel free to lambast me. I
wasn't aware that the Gateway's actually required this. Seems to me
you should just buy new hardware. :-) :-)

: I think they are going to hold off committing a fix until a proper fix
: can be found (one that doesn't require the keyboard to be plugged in
: on boot).

This is why I took it out; I don't think anyone should be forced to have
a keyboard on their machine...

I guess I'll survive. Charles has some better code stashed away somewhere
I think..

hpeyerl@novatel.ca                           |  NovAtel Commnications Ltd.
hpeyerl@fsa.ca                               | <nothing I say matters anyway>
       <NetBSD: A drinking group with a serious computing problem!>