Subject: wrong CPU detection
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Yeng-Chee Su <yenchee@Zeus.csie.nctu.edu.tw>
List: current-users
Date: 02/17/1994 20:31:05
  I've just installed NetBSD-current on a new machine.  The CPU is a intel
486DX2-66.  However, the kernel detects a wrong CPU type as a Pentium.  I
think it might be wrong code in locose.s.  All non-detectable 486 CPU will
be regarded as 586.  The kernel is 94/02/14.  Without adding I_586 in
configuration, I can't start the machine.

  /             National Chiao Tung University in Taiwan                 / \
 |  Phone: +886-35-783513           E-mail: yenchee@csie.nctu.edu.tw    |