Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.0
To: Peter Galbavy <>
From: Andrew Wheadon <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/15/1994 18:52:46
> What would be really nice to see would be a 0.9.1 release, with
> basically the same installation format etc, buut all the nice new
> bits. I have built my own copies of these before for a limited set
> of hardware, and I would be quite happy to put this together so that
> the core team don't have to use up their time. I suspect however
> that any "unofficial" release will be frowned upon hugely and
> also cause *large* support nightmares.

There are various tarred up binaries available,,
I have some on that are updated aperiodically.

In fact for a trial amount of time there are binaries available via sup
see ~ftp/pub/misc/sup/supfile.example for more information.
Not that I see much point in it, but if people want to get the files
via sup instead of ftp it's fine with me (it's less weight on the cpu)

The cost of living hasn't affected it's popularity. (unknown)
current	release=doc hostbase=/src base=/usr \
prefix=/usr backup delete use-rel-suffix ; updated midday MET NetBSD-current