Subject: PS/2 mouse driver
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Havard Eidnes <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: current-users
Date: 02/13/1994 21:32:58
Hi,

is there a chance that a working PS/2 mouse driver for the i386 can be
integrated into NetBSD-current?  The one in -current currently causes a
hang during autoconfig (on my machine at least).  I do however have a
working PS/2 mouse driver that I received via current-users (thanks to
whoever did the necessary modifications!), and when I remember to
substitute the broken driver before a kernel compile, all works fine.

However, I just spent a couple of hours rescuing my system from a set of
two (!) bad /netbsd executables, both hanging due to the current broken
PS/2 mouse driver.  (Yes, I know, it's sort-of my own fault forgetting to
reinstall the working PS/2 mouse driver after SUP and/or my own fault for
not putting it in the appropriate refuse file, but that really should not
be necessary...)

What's the reason the working (as in "works for me" :-) PS/2 mouse driver
hasn't been integrated yet?  If necessary I can re-send the code I have on
my system.  I do not wish others to go through the pain of constructing an
updated kernel-copy floppy just to rescue their systems from the same error
I just had -- not everyone has a standby host which can be used for the
purpose, and not everyone have ready-made and updated kernel-copy floppies
lying around...

- Havard