Subject: SUP server on
To: None <>
From: Michael Graff <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/11/1994 11:00:45
I've set up a SUP server on which should help lighten the load
on sun-lamp, so long as the files stay in sync  :)

I've configured the server to deal with 6 connections at a time.  If this
becomes too much or not enough, I'll try to adjust things a bit.

I mirror sun-lamp nightly and rebuild the sup scan files as soon as that
mirror is finished.

This service can disappear without prior notice, and is not supported by the
ISU Computation Center and is not an official service.  Use at your own risk.
Batteries not included.  :)

If there are any oddities with the thing, let me know and I'll try to get
things working again.  SUP may be slow since this machine gets the files from
AFS so don't expect blinding speed.  (AFS path:

Here is a sample supfile line:

current release=allsrc hostbase=/local/mirror base=/usr prefix=/usr backup use-rel-suffix

Michael Graff    Iowa State University Computation Center      Project Vincent
215 Durham                voice: (515) 294-4994
Ames, IA  50011           fax:   (515) 294-1717           gg.mlg@isumvs.bitnet