Subject: Re: New kernel dies...
To: None <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
From: Peter Galbavy <peter@wonderland.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/10/1994 21:49:42
> Are you sure your source tree is completely in sync?  When doese it
> panic?

A sup is going in now, but the tree is in sync as far as I can tell.
In fcat I did rm -fr /usr/src/sys and put it back again from the mirror
here, and still bang. I will wait till the latest update happens, and
then start worrying :-(

> You can turn the `ipforwarding' variable on and off fairly easily by
> writing a trivial program that grovels the symbol table and pokes a new
> value in.  However, `options GATEWAY' also increases the size of the
> routing table.

That's the conclusion I came to, and as a last last resort is what I will
do, since my routing talbs is six enries long.

Regards,
--
Peter Galbavy				e-mail: P.Galbavy@wonderland.org
Wonderland				  work: P.Galbavy@micromuse.co.uk

	  "And you will know exactly who you are, forever,
		by knowing what it is that you love."