Subject: Re: wd.c crashes/hard errors
To: Dirk Steinberg <>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/10/1994 09:14:54
> (Dirk Steinberg) sez:

>>>>>> "Douglas" == Douglas Crosher <> writes:

>    >> Date: Wed, 9 Feb 94 13:50:33 +0100 From:
>    >> (Dirk Steinberg)

[various problems with Quantum LPS IDE hard drives deleted]

I'd just like to insert a data point here that I have been running
386BSD 0.0 and 0.1, NetBSD 0.8, 0.9 and current on one and then two
Conner CP3104 IDE hard drives for about two years now.  And, although
I used to get the hang bug occasionally (which was fixed in mid-
December with the timeout patches to wd.c), I've never had the damage
to my filesystem you guys are talking about.  Maybe it's specifically
that drive that has problems?

    Michael L. VanLoon  --  --  gg.mlv@isumvs.bitnet
 Iowa State University of Science and Technology -- The way cool place to be!
   Project Vincent Systems Staff, Iowa State University Computation Center