Subject: Keyboard lockup on startup fix(?)
To: None <Mark_Weaver@brown.edu>
From: Dirk Steinberg <steinber@machtnix.ert.rwth-aachen.de>
List: current-users
Date: 02/10/1994 13:17:09

    Mark> I created a patchfile for the kernel sources between Dec-16
    Mark> and Feb-06, and it turns out the only functional change to
    Mark> pccons.c over that time was the removal of part of the
    Mark> keyboard-reset code (presumably so that keyboards no longer
    Mark> need to be plugged in during startup).

Using a kernel built from recent (94020?) sources, it was impossible
for me to boot without the keyboard attached. As soon as I plugged it
in, the boot proceeded. I don't like this, since I sometimes want to
run my computer without a keyboard. Can this be changed? While I'm at
it: is it possible to boot/run NetBSD without any graphics card?
I mean just a mainboard with a hard disk and an ethernet card.

	Dirk

Dirk W. Steinberg - RWTH Aachen - Internet email: steinber@ert.rwth-aachen.de
Aachen University of Technology / IS2-Integrated Systems in Signal Processing
Rhein.Westf.Tech.Hochsch. Aachen / Integrierte Systeme der Signalverarbeitung
Templergraben 55 / D-52056 Aachen / phone:+49 241 807879 / fax:+49 241 807631
Home address: Kleikstr. 63, D-52134 Herzogenrath,Germany/phone: +49 2406 7225