Subject: Re:
To: The BiG BlooD Wolf <>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/08/1994 21:04:06
>Last i heard the binary distribution at was not available
>because the machine was down with -current problems..
>Is it up now?

The machine is up -- it's mine.  But it's sitting on my desk at home.
I don't have a serial IP link yet, so I'll have to make up a current
tarball and take it to campus by hand on disks, I guess (or upload it
via kermit).  I'll try to get the site updated this week.

I apologize for having the site down for awhile -- it was a mirror of
the binaries of my machine when it was in my office connected to the
campus ethernet.  But when I got my new bt747 and couldn't get the new
SCSI drive to work, I brought the machine home to do some hacking on
it.  Now that it's home, and I have a nice unix box running X with a
nice big fast SCSI drive, I don't want to take it back. :-)

So, to make a long story longer, I'll make up a current-binary tarball
of my current system and put it on by the end of the

    Michael L. VanLoon  --  --  gg.mlv@isumvs.bitnet
 Iowa State University of Science and Technology -- The way cool place to be!
   Project Vincent Systems Staff, Iowa State University Computation Center