Subject: Xfree86 on current [Snapshot report - 05 Feb tar_files]
To: Alistair G. Crooks <agc@uts.amdahl.com>
From: Matthieu Herrb <matthieu@laas.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 02/08/1994 18:22:53
You wrote (in your message from Tue  8)
 > 2.  We still need some more up-to-date XFree86 2.0 binaries and
 > libraries for -current.  Can someone look into this as a matter of
 > urgency please? Please once more? (Every time I compile an X client,
 > I get the RRS text message spewing up on my xterm. And some of Mark's
 > clients don't run, like xtetris).

The problem comes from the existing libs in /usr/X386/lib that are
found before the new ones in the build tree. That's perhaps a bug in
ld... (-L should have the higher precedence no ?)

The solution I found is to move away /usr/X386/lib during the make.

The new version number for libc explains why the problem don't arise
for it.

					Matthieu

PS: I'm in the process of setting up a binary distribution of XFree86
    2.0 for -current (updated every week or so). I'll tell more when
    it's ready.