Subject: Re: Gateway?
To: current-users <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Burgess, David (TSgt) ~U <BurgessD@J64.STRATCOM.AF.MIL>
List: current-users
Date: 02/08/1994 08:25:00
>>> Does someone have NetBSD(-current) running as a gateway? Any information
>>> would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>I too would be interested in this information.  My story is a little bit
>>different, but much the same.  I have a machine with an ethernet card in
>>it and a serial port running SLIP.  I'd like to be able to telnet from
>>a host on the ethernet and have it go out through the slip connection
>>running on my NetBSD box.
>
>This pretty much describes my system, when I have slip running.
>
>I have ``options GATEWAY'' in my config file, do not run routed, but set
>static routes up.

This parallels my experiences when running a gateway.  Routed will
eventually destroy your static routes, and if you aren't running on a net
that actually does route updates, you will end up with no routes to
anywhere.

TSgt Dave Burgess
 --
Michael Graff    Iowa State University Computation Center      Project
Vincent