Subject: Re: make kernel warnings: wd.c - 940206
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Tom Crockett <tmc@netcom.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/07/1994 23:59:38
tmc@netcom.com had written:

Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se> replied:
>I've sent a fix for the wd warnings once, but it was ignored (or
>just stored away :-)  Here it is again.  Could someone apply it?
>It fixes the compiler warnings and introduces a define for a
>numeric constant.

>   -- Lennart

Thanks Lennart.  I'll use the patch.
As an aside and just because inquiring minds want to know... :-)
What is, in fact, being pointed to (at) with an incompatible pointer
type?  I'm really just a simple database programmer, but in my
experience in that field all kinds of weird stuff would be the
result of using such.  Are these offending functions not actually
being used in the wd driver and that's why my disks continue
working?  Or is the compiler even better than I could imagine?!

arch/i386/isa/wd.c:893: warning:
	passing arg 2 of `readdisklabel' from incompatible pointer type
arch/i386/isa/wd.c: In function `wdioctl':
arch/i386/isa/wd.c:1365: warning:
	passing arg 2 of `writedisklabel' from incompatible pointer type

Tom