Subject: Re: bootblocks, VCs, gcc
To: Dirk Steinberg <steinber@machtnix.ert.rwth-aachen.de>
From: None <davidb@melb.cpr.itg.telecom.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 02/02/1994 06:06:32
> BTW: Is there any good reason why NetBSD does *not* adopt VC's
> (virtual consoles)? They are indispensable when working without X,
> i.e. on a laptop. Linux even offers mouse-based cut-and-paste between
> VC's ala xterm. Nice. Does syscons or pcvt work with NetBSD-current
> and XFree-2.0?

I'm not in a position to comment on things like syscons, but what's the
problem with pccons on a laptop?  Have you ever looked at `window`?
It works great for me.

My login on my laptop is set to invoke it if I log in via the console.
Window even supports cut-and-paste, although not with a mouse.

- David B.