Subject: Re: perror.o and __strerror
To: Marc Wandschneider <>
From: Gary D. Duzan <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/01/1994 10:50:31
In Message <> ,
   Marc Wandschneider <> wrote:

=>	you have to remove the old source tree before make'ing the new
=>	one.  a bunch of files have moved, inclucing strerror.c
   Ok, that makes sense. My tar files didn't have a Makefile in /usr/src,
so I decided to play it safe and untar over 0.9 sources.

=>|    Oh yes, and make won't make from 0.9 without adding
=>| -DMACHINE_ARCH=\"i386\" (or whatever) to CFLAGS in the Makefile.
=>	most instructions i have seen suggest that you setenv MACHINE_ARCH
=>	before doing the build---it's a bootstrapping problem.
   Except that /usr/src/usr.bin/make/main.c includes a reference to
in CFLAGS is portable and does the trick.

                                      Gary D. Duzan
                         Humble Practitioner of the Computer Arts