Subject: Re: Boot Blocks
To: Greg L. Tanaka <glt@ugcs.caltech.edu>
From: Yeng-Chee Su <yenchee@Zeus.csie.nctu.edu.tw>
List: current-users
Date: 01/30/1994 15:38:16
> 	I tried installing the current bootblock (1/28/94) on my machine
> and they refuse to work.  I don't even get up to boot2.  I defined DEBUG in
> start.S and the boot block counted to 6.  There was a line commented out
> a little before that, so I uncommented that out and now it counts to 1-4
> and then 7, but still no luck.

  This is indeed a well-known problem.  Uncomment #define BUFSIZE 4096 and
comment out #define BUFSIZE MAXBSIZE in sys.c under /sys/arch/i386/boot,
it will work fine.  It's might be caused by stack overlapped, I think.

  /             National Chiao Tung University in Taiwan                 / \
 |  Phone: +886-35-783513           E-mail: yenchee@csie.nctu.edu.tw    |