Subject: Re: SCSI problems, the sequel
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/30/1994 00:18:45
>Date: Sat, 29 Jan 1994 19:46:45 -0800
>From: "Chris G. Demetriou" <cgd@nobozo.CS.Berkeley.EDU>

>actually, i wasn't under the impression that any of the buslogic
>controllers other than the bt742 worked with -current.
>
>i know that the 542 and 545 don't, and i've *got* a 747
>which doesn't, as far as i can tell.

I'm planning on getting a VLB SCSI-2 controller soon, because I'm
running out of disk space and IDE is *slow*.  Can anyone recommend a
good SCSI controller that works with -current?  The ones I'm looking
at include:

Ultrastor 34F
Buslogic BT445S (still available?)

Please send mail to me directly (not to the list), and tell me about
your problems, performance, where you got it, how much you paid, &c.
Thanks.
--
Mike Long                                         Mike.Long@Analog.com
VLSI Design Engineer                              voice: (617)461-4030