Subject: Re: ethernt problems
To: Robert Shady <rls@zeus.id.net>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/28/1994 23:57:09
>I have a similar problem with recent kernel compiles, except mine is a tad
>bit more drastic.  As soon as I try to ifconfig ne0, the system locks up...
>Totally locks up.  A kernel built back around 01-20-94 or so works just fine.

I have more info now.  I get this:

pinging penguin from packrat:

PACKRAT sends ARP WHO HAS PENGUIN, which penguin replies to.  Penguin sends
ARP WHO HAS PACKRAT, whic packrat replies to -- in a way.  I believe the
ethertype (displayed by tcpdump on packrat) for the ARP PACKRAT IS-AT was
0x0608, which is endian reversed.

Or am I way off base here?

--Michael

--
Michael Graff    Iowa State University Computation Center      Project Vincent
215 Durham                voice: (515) 294-4994           explorer@iastate.edu