Subject: Re: exec lockups
To: None <>
From: None <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/28/1994 13:34:03
> anyone else having execve() hang their kernel, or is it just me?
> i haven't begun tracking it down yet, since it just started happening.

Yesterday I started a  find / -exec /tmp/scriptfile {} \;
The scriptfile did some ls, sed, tee etc. but didn't need much cpu time, so
there were many execs. Its output rate (xterm) was not very high. After I
started it I was able to type in a  ps -ax, but ps didn't anything. The
find process was still running. After 30 minutes I went to work and when
I came back later both processes (find and ps) did their job successfully.

> so many bugs, so little time.

> --
> 		     - jason downs -
> 	      computer science outreach services, software support
> 	 my opinions can be your opinions too, for a small monthly fee

--   []  (internet)   []
saph2::juengst                     [13.259]          (decnet)

Any opinions in this mail are my own.