Subject: IP socket options...
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@nobozo.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 01/25/1994 17:26:04
once again, the IP setsockopt options are being renumbered (yay!!!).

This time, the folks in CSRG and the folks at BSDI decided to do
the *intelligent* think: keep the setsockupt() numbers as they
were originally.  We want compatibility, and this'd be a silly thing
to *not* have compatibility with, so you folks get to bleed some.  8-(

It shouldn't *seriously* break any binaries except those which use
multicast features.  they'll need to be recompiled.  *old* BSDI
binaries which use the multicast code (including the ones based on the
mcast patches for BSD/386 1.0) will be hosed like this.  BSD/386 1.1
will use the same values we do, unless i'm mistaken...

chris