Subject: bootblock problems
To: None <>
From: Frank van der Linden <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/22/1994 19:47:56
 Seeing another report on the current-users list about the bootblocks
recently, I tried once again to come up with a solution. Well, the diff
below works for me and I've made and installed the latest (1.14) bootblocks
with it and they work. Can't explain why.
 I came up with this "fix" when I could make and use the 1.8 bootblocks
with the original 0.9 /usr/include tree installed and couldn't do the
same with the the current /usr/include tree. The .o files were the
same in both cases apart from sys.o. The assembler output for sys.c
differed only in those places where BUFSIZE and MAXBSIZE are used.

Onno van der Linden          c/o (Frank van der Linden)

*** sys.c.old	Sat Jan 22 17:27:52 1994
--- sys.c	Sat Jan 22 17:23:49 1994
*** 32,35 ****
--- 32,37 ----
  #include <sys/dirent.h>
  #include <sys/reboot.h>
+ #undef MAXBSIZE
+ #define MAXBSIZE 8192
  /* #define BUFSIZE 4096 */