Subject: Re: PPP panic
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@deshaw.com>
From: Luke Mewburn <lm@rmit.edu.au>
List: current-users
Date: 01/21/1994 14:27:25
> And a question:

> I have a wd0 and an sd1 drive; I know I can boot from the sd1 drive
> by typing hd(1,a)/netbsd, but how can I make that the default?

hack sys/arch/i386/boot/boot.c. inside boot(), change the
	unit = drive & 0x7f;
	unit =1;
that'll give you 'wd(1,a)/netbsd' by default. Also, work out the
value of the `maj' that corresponds to sd in the devs array and
set that too. make && install, and relabel your disk.o

(the former bit is how I autoselected the 2nd drive under 0.9,
as it used to have unit=0 there. The latter is pure guesswork ;)

--
``Concealment is never as hard as people think, you          Luke Mewburn
  must understand that. It's action while hiding that's    <lm@rmit.edu.au>