Subject: RE: Man problems
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu, jkreska@hpmail2.fwrdc.rtsg.mot.com>
From: Marc Wandschneider <marcwan@microsoft.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/19/1994 15:56:02
----------
| From: Jeff Kreska  <netmail!jkreska@hpmail2.fwrdc.rtsg.mot.com>
|
| I have a slight problem.  I added some man pages that weren't formated.  The
| man pages reside in a directory called man{1,2,3,4,5,...} instead of
| cat{1,2...} .
|
| My question is how to make man know about these non formated man pages.  I
| have tryed messing around with man.conf in the /etc directory, but I just
| can't find the info I need to get it to work.
|
| Maybee NetBSD doesn't support this kind of man page.  I sure hope it does
| because that sure would be a drag to have to reformat all f the man pages and
| store them in a new directory.

	netbsd-current now supports unformatted man pages.

	to get them working, you have to copy the man.conf from
	/usr/src/usr.bin/man to /etc.  after doing that, everything
	worked [i didn't even have to worry about reconfiguring it,
	since it's already set up for x and the like...]

	this functionality wasn't in 0.9 howevver.

							marc 'em.