Subject: Re: 1/1 Kernel doesn't like my keyboard anymore.
To: None <Mike.Long@analog.com>
From: John C. Hayward <johnh@david.wheaton.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/13/1994 13:06:43
> I'm having problems with a kernel made with the sources from the 1/1
> sys.tar.gz (and the swap_pager.c patch).  It's probing my keyboard
> improperly during autoconfiguration, so that by the time I get to a
> login: prompt the system won't respond to the keyboard.
> The timestamp in /sys/arch/i386/isa/pccons.c is 12/20/93; I'm
> wondering what change was made between 12/4 and 12/20 that is causing
> my problems.  Or should I look elsewhere?
>
> My hardware is a Gateway 2000 DX66V with the non-green Micronics JX-30
> motherboard and 16 MB of RAM.  I've included below my config file and
> the output of dmesg from both the old kernel and the new kernel.
I have the same problem on Gateway 2000 DX33.  I have been able to boot
using the typing the key during the auto config phase.

I have a similar problem on IBM PS/ValuePoint except I have not been able
to get the keyboard to respond even if typing during autoconfig.

Any pointers would be appreciated.
johnh...