Subject: Re: shared mem shortcomings?
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <michaelv@iastate.edu>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@nobozo.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 01/08/1994 07:08:06
> While trying to build kerberos for NetBSD (yes, *someone* has to do it
> right), I've discovered that two "commands" for the shmctl function
> are missing from the NetBSD headers: SHM_LOCK and SHM_UNLOCK.  Is this
> something that just hasn't been implemented yet?

actually, they were "implemented," but they were listed as being
HPUX-compat -specific.  quotes around "implemented", becasuse it's a
case of "lights are on, but nobody's home" -- the functions return
the correct values, given their input, but have absolutely no effect
on the shared memory segments.

i've gotten rid of the "#ifdef HPUXCOMPAT"s.

chris