Subject: Re: Upgrading 0.9 to current
To: None <burgess@hrd769.brooks.af.mil, current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Marc Wandschneider <marcwan@microsoft.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/07/1994 14:06:00
----------
| From: Dave Burgess  <netmail!burgess@hrd769.brooks.af.mil>
|
| > 	- cd /usr/src/share/mk; make && make install
| > 		worked ok after 'setenv MACHINE_ARCH i386'
|
| I already found this one.  Isn't MACHINE_ARCH supposed to get set someplace
| centrally?

	yes.  however, it's a bootstrapping problem---it is defined
	in the new make, but you somehow need to get that build and
	going.  just setting the env variable for the bootstrap build
	fixes things up.

	i posted an article a while back on upgrading to -current, and
	most indications i have seen thus far seem to be saying that
	it's relatively accurate, with only a few hundred changes here
	and there to reflect on the latest builds ;-)

							marc 'em.