Subject: my couple of problems
To: None <>
From: Frank van der Linden <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/28/1993 20:38:34
 Here's my reaction to a couple of problems people reported on this list:
1. I too had problems with join(1), but after recompiling join, nm
   and tsort as suggested, no problemo anymore.
2. has reboots with the Dec 24 kernel.
   Yep, had that too.Fixed it by compiling wd.c without optimizations.
   For more details, see below.
3. ps(1) and top problems: I'm seeing those too.

Okay, on to my current problems:
1. when compiling gnu/usr.bin/gcc2/libgcc2.c, cc complains
   about a syntax error in line 1106. It appears that gstddef.h
   doesn't typedef size_t anymore. I temprorarily 'fixed' this
   by include stddef.h instead of gstddef.h.
2. /sys/arch/i386/isa/wd.c uses insw() from <machine/pio.h>. The
   call for insw is something like insw(port, buf, n). Using -O
   or -O2 when you compile this file the address of buf is calculated
   wrongly I think. That's why the IDE drivename (ST3550 in my case)
   gets completely mangled and you'll see negative numbers for heads
   and cylinders on your screen. 'Fix': see above.

Onno van der Linden    c/o (Frank van der Linden)