Subject: Re: Two problems with 12/24 sources
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <michaelv@iastate.edu>
From: Louis A. Mamakos <louie@TransSys.COM>
List: current-users
Date: 12/28/1993 08:04:35
> 2) I can finally get a kernel to compile and link again without
> anything missing, but when I try to boot it, it just gets most of the
> way through the autoconfig and then spontaneously reboots.  I notice
> some of the characters are garbled on the screen too... *shrug*

I'm (sorta) glad to hear this!  I'm trying to bootstrap a
NetBSD-current right now, and am having this same problem on my system
- a 386SX, 6MB memory, 200 MB IDE drive.  The garbled characters that
I get are in the IDE drive identification, and the number of
heads/cyl/sectors displayed are garbage too.

The NetBSD 0.9 GENERICAHA kernel seems to be working just fine.  I'm
trying build a NetBSD-current kernel with that same configuration.  I
have already rebuilt a new config, and all of /usr/src/{lib,gnu,sbin}.

I noticed that boot is loading this kernel at 0x100000 rather than 0x0
for the 0.9 kernel.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Louis Mamakos