Subject: Netstat bug/fix
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: James Jegers <jimj@miller.cs.uwm.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 12/21/1993 20:10:39
 I'm not sure if this has been fixed since my latest sup about a week
 ago.

 I found a bug in the netstat program.!! eww wee.. I feel special.
 According to the docs the -w option puts the program into a continous
 mode to display data.  In the getopt line the ":" was missing after the
 w option as a count.  According to the docs the -w options display a
 summaray of devices, to make this work the "iflag" must also be
 turned on.

in main.c
---old---
-->	while ((ch = getopt(argc, argv, "Aadf:hI:iM:mN:np:rstuw")) != EOF)
		switch((char)ch) {
		case 'A':
		stuff ....... stuff
			break;
		case 'w':
			interval = atoi(optarg);
			break;
		case '?':
---new---
-->	while ((ch = getopt(argc, argv, "Aadf:hI:iM:mN:np:rstuw:")) != EOF)
		switch((char)ch) {
		case 'A':
		stuff ....... stuff
			break;
		case 'w':
			interval = atoi(optarg);
-->			iflag = 1;
			break;
		case '?':

    /\               University of Wisconsin -- Milwaukee         \
    \_|   jimj@miller.cs.uwm.edu          James Jegers             |
      |   jimj@cs.uwm.edu                                          |