Subject: Re: SUP Updates - sanity check
To: Tom Crockett <tmc@netcom.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@nobozo.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 12/20/1993 18:21:08
> Question is, am I up to date or am I missing updates?  If I'm
> missing updates is my only recourse to get the tar files?  I
> truly hope that's not the case.

The files which sup gets for you are more-or-less independent of
those which where shown the the CVS update reports; sup should
get you *at least* those files listed, but may get more.

trust the output of 'sup -v', if you're trying to figure out what
got updated.

If you're using those CVS update reports to get files via anon-ftp,
because you can't use sup, well...  "i told you it was a bad idea..."

later,

chris