Subject: Argh...Kernel won't link
To: <>
From: Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@xanth.CS.ORST.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 12/19/1993 12:47:56
I'm currently upgrading my machine from 0.9 to -current (Source is as of
Wednesday, I think...Anyway...)

I'm having this little problem...Everything else built fine...I went through
and built the makefiles, then the includes, then the libs (with the LDSTATIC
and NOPIC variables set...) and the assembler and the linker and the compiler.

Well, of course I was anxious to get that shared-lib stuff going, so I went
back and build the shared libs and such...

After building through sbin, I decided to build a new config and kernel,
because I didn't want the kernel to start panicing when I installed the rest
of the OS, which has been known to happen, I hear...

The kernel builds fine, wonderfully, and then, at the end when it's loadiing
netbsd,  WHARF!

if_sl.o: Undefined symbol _setsoftnet referenced from text segment
ioconf.o: Undefined symbol _swappagerattach referenced from data segment
ioconf.o: Undefined symbol _vnodepagerattach referenced from data segment
ioconf.o: Undefined symbol _devpagerattach referenced from data segment

Hmm...No sir, I don't like it!  :-)  Any ideas?

Later...