Subject: make with POSIX breaks X11 Makefiles
To: None <>
From: Uwe Arndt <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/17/1993 15:51:34

I tried to recompile my X-Stuff and found that the current make doesn't
work with Makefiles generated by imake. make compiled without the -DPOSIX
flag works ok (it works with the NetBSD makefiles too).

The problem is, that POSIX defines every line starting with a blank to be
a shell command, and nearly every definition starts with blanks :-(

For now I removed -DPOSIX.

Uwe Arndt                              |
Universitaet Koblenz,                  |
Rechenzentrum                          | Voice: +49 261 9119-642
Rheinau 1, D-56075 Koblenz, Germany    | Fax:   +49 261 9119-499