Subject: SIO driver - apologies
To: None <>
From: Peter Galbavy <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/17/1993 01:27:23
Hi all,

It has been pointed out to me that posting the sio driver stuff
may be very wrong, since it may generate problem reports on these lists

Please note that it is only for specific uses, and don't bug the core
team with requests to put it in -current. I also agree that this would
not be appropriate - the code is a nightmare.

The other thing is that apparentley the new code from the magnum branch
will break the sio driver anyway... live and let die.

BTW Is anyone working on a replacement driver - like one that is fast and
allows bidir stuff ? Not just hack to com.c ?

Peter Galbavy				e-mail:
Wonderland				  work:

	  "And you will know exactly who you are, forever,
		by knowing what it is that you love."