Subject: Recommended way to detect post-0.9
To: None <>
From: None <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/16/1993 17:24:42
What is the recommended way to determine which version of NetBSD is
being run?  From sys/param.h:

#define NetBSD  1993070  /* NetBSD date: 1993, July, release 0 */
#define NetBSD0_9 1

It looks like the first one hasn't been updated in a while.

Specifically, I need to be able to detect the following things, preferably
without a ./configure script:

  1. Do I need to declare sys_errlist?  If so, what type?
  2. Do I need to link with -ll when using lex?
  3. Are shared-libraries available?

These changes are needed for XFree86, and I'd like to make everything
compile cleanly on all versions of NetBSD without requiring the user
to tweak site.def

Email:           | Brown University
PGP Key: finger       | Dept of Computer Science