Subject: Re: 2 new problems with current 931213
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu, mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu,>
From: Frank van der Linden <vdlinden@fwi.uva.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 12/15/1993 08:11:04
Charles Hannum writes:

>Re: `panic: setrq', I've only ever seen this caused by the ugly hack
>someone posted that he claimed `fixed' the silo overflows with cheap
>UARTs.

This could probably be the problem. I am using that patch too, and have had
an occasional panic too lately (since about a week). It's certainly a
bit of an ugly hack (it patches the config program, though I must say
that the line it changes was already very yucky), but it does allow me
to feed my 14k4 modem at 57600 bps. Before, I got tons of silo overflows
at anything >= 9600 bps.

Anyway, I think that work is being done to improve the serial driver
the 'right' way, so hopefully I won't be needing this patch in the
future.

- frank