Subject: oops. not-so-working /dev/audio
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Brad Parker <brad@fcr.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/12/1993 19:26:51
Moo!

	Well, I've got the new SCSI disk on-line, and decided to give
	the upgrade to -current another try today.

	I'm still trying to use the old suggestion that was basically:

cd /usr/src/share/mk; make install
cd /usr/src/include; make && make install
  setenv LDSTATIC -static
  setenv NOPIC
cd /usr/src/lib/lib; make && make install...
etc......

	So, trying a make in /usr/src/share/mk barfs because MACHINE_ARCH
	isn't defined.  I then figure there might be a problem with
	it not being defined in make.  Thus, I do a make install
	from /usr/src/include, and do a make && make install in
	/usr/src/usr.bin/make.

	Everything worked great---except make now seg faults whenever
	you try to run it.

	This is a clean -current tree from yesterday morning's
	tar files.  Can somebody suggest how I can get everything
	to build?  I have all the info for various degrees of vomiing
	with flex and the like, but i'm a little lost here....

							Marc 'em.

	[P.S. Please cc to this adderss..]

Marc Wandschneider					    Seattle, WA
Barney the Dinosaur sings! You faint... Barney sings!  Barney sings! --More--
You Die... --More--