Subject: Emacs and sys_errlist woes
To: None <>
From: None <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/10/1993 13:21:25
I discovered last night that due to the changes to the sys_errlist
definition, emacs would no longer compile.  I'm not sure that adding
"const" to the definition is worth all the pain it will cause.  I felt
that one of the advantages to NetBSD was being able to compile many
programs out of the box.

In any case, since I figure it will be a big problem in the future, and
other unixes may adopt a similar strategy, I decided to solve it "the
right way."  I modified autoconf-1.7 to contain two new tests, and
modified the relevant files in emacs-19.22 to make everything work

Anyone who would like my patches are welcome to them.

Email:           | Brown University
PGP Key: finger       | Dept of Computer Science