Subject: Hunting down old binaries, and disk space
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/10/1993 11:34:38
>From: "Chris G. Demetriou" <cgd@postgres.Berkeley.EDU>
>Date: Fri, 10 Dec 93 01:42:14 -0800
>
>> 1) /bin/red should be installed as a hard link to /bin/ed; at this
>> point it isn't.
>
>no it shouldn't.  "red" is not a "BSD"-ish program.  you're free
>to make the link if you wish, though.

OK.  The only reason this was a problem for me is because my root
partition is kinda small.  Without the hard link, the 0.9 version of
/bin/ed was still around as /bin/red, and my root partition was
running out of free sectors...

One thing that's odd: My root partition is 16800 sectors long (40
cylinders at 420 K/cyl.).  When I run df, though, the total size of
partition wd0a is shown to be ~15900 sectors.  I know some extra
sectors are needed for extra copies of the superblock, etc., but 900
of them?
--
Mike Long                                         Mike.Long@Analog.com
VLSI Design Engineer                              voice: (617)461-4030