Subject: RRIP writer - found
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Peter Galbavy <P.Galbavy@wonderland.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/07/1993 21:53:20
A few days ago I asked about writing CD-ROM's. No positive response,
but thanks to Amancio Hasty for his advice and help, and with a little
help from xarchie all my problems are solved.

In the Linux archives I found the most wonderfully useful mkisofs
programs by Eric Youngdale (ericy@gnu.ai.mit.edu), which does
*exactly* what I need. The source is 31k gzipped, and apart from some
#include file stuff, compiled clean on NetBSD. I tried to generate
RRIP and ISO-9660 file systems to a floppy of all things and it
works like a dream.

Just in case any of you want to write CD's without paying for the Young
Minds stuff (not NetBSD anyway).

Many thanks to Eric (cc'ed),

I can reward myself with the galactic prize for extreme cleverness, and the
use of xarchie by going to sleep before 10pm :-)
--
Peter Galbavy				e-mail: P.Galbavy@wonderland.org
Wonderland				  work: P.Galbavy@micromuse.co.uk

	  "And you will know exactly who you are, forever,
		by knowing what it is that you love."